Madison fire crew puts out solar panel fire on roof of home – WKOW

0 minutes, 43 seconds Read

MADISON (WKOW) — The Madison Fire Department put out a fire on the roof of a single-family home on Monday afternoon. 

The fire was reported shortly around 2:45 p.m., with smoke and flames coming from a solar panel on the roof of the home, according to a press release.

Upon arrival, the fire crew confirmed that a solar panel was on fire on the wood-framed structure. Next, they shut off the power to the panels. 

Firefighters extinguished the flames and said the fire did not extend to the home. 

MG&E also responded to the scene.

The cause of the fire was determined to be due to the radiant heat of the solar panel.

The fire department said a squirrel that ran from under the panels while the fire was being extinguished could have been a contributing factor. 

There were no injuries reported. 

This post was originally published on 3rd party site mentioned in the title of this site

Similar Posts