MFD: Radiant heat causes solar panel roof fire on Madison’s east side – WMTV

0 minutes, 42 seconds Read

MADISON, Wis. (WMTV) – The Madison Fire Department extinguished a solar panel fire that was on the roof of a home on Monday.

MFD says firefighters responded around 2:45 p.m. to the 7100 block of Littlemore Dr.

Firefighters confirmed that a solar panel was on fire on the Cape Cod-style wood framed home. Crews shut off the power to the panels.

The fire was quickly put out. Officials say the fire was confined to the solar panel and some asphalt shingles.

MFD says the cause of the fire was due to the radiant heat of the solar panel.

While crews were putting out the fire, firefighters say a squirrel had run from under the panels which could also be a contributing factor.

Click here to download the WMTV15 News app or our WMTV15 First Alert weather app.

This post was originally published on 3rd party site mentioned in the title of this site

Similar Posts